Technical Service and Applications Development Manager, Tire Additives (Americas) - (akron, ohio)
Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 7:48 AM
Eastman is a global advanced materials and specialty additives company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With a portfolio of specialty businesses, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. Its market:driven approaches take advantage of world:class technology platforms and leading positions in attractive end:markets such as transportation, building and construction and consumables. Eastman focuses on creating consistent, superior value for all stakeholders. As a globally diverse company, Eastman serves customers in more than 100 countries and had 2016 revenues of approximately 9.0 billion. The company is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA and employs approximately 14,000 people around the world. For more information, visit eastman.
Tire additives technology division is searching for a Technical service and Applications Development (TSAD) Manager to join the Tire Additives technology and business team in the Americas. The selected individual can be based out of Eastman office in Akron, OH. The Technical Service and Applications Development Manager will be supporting current business and developing new applications of existing and new products by teaching our customers why/how to use Eastman's tire additive products in various rubber/tire applications as well as troubleshoot and resolve any product related issues during tire production.
The TSAD manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct regular visits / contact with the technical management at key customers to track andreport back their needs andimplement pre:determined account and product strategies.
- Rapid response to customer complaints, plant audits, specification review, product sampling with appropriate follow:up to rectify the concerns
- Act as the initial customer contact point on market insight, customer discovery, product stewardship issues seeking support from the global group as necessary
- Provide product and application technical information/recommendation about Eastman tire additive products (current and new) to tire compounders and plant engineers.
- Through customer calls discover customer unmet needs, understand customer requirements and define fitness:for:use criteria for specific tire/rubber applications. Translate the fitness:for:use criteria to fundamental materials/chemicals characteristics, followed by product recommendations using knowledge of structure:processing:property:performance understandings.
- Lead technical projects through effective design of compounding studies, coordinate activities within technology, marketing and sales for project planning, milestone and deliverables. and support the development and presentation of marketing material to customers.
- Conduct timely, efficient and professional response to all regional customer complaints and queries of a technical nature, making Eastman a preferred value:add tire additives partner.
- Manage the technical specifications, product and source approvals with the allocated customers, and source changes where appropriate.
- Promote the concepts and activities of Product Stewardship and Environment, Safety and Health.
- Seek, gather and distribute market intelligence, contribute to the global technical knowledge:base through sharing of relevant learning and experience via Call Reports.
- Monitor and communicate developments relating to our existing and potential customer base and competitive landscape.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes and their impact on our markets.
- Foster dialogue with industry related groups and semi:government organizations
- Bachelors Degree required. Master or PhD preferred.
- Degree in m
• Location: Akron/Canton
• Post ID: 56349122 akroncanton